NIGERIA POLICE ACADEMY ANNOUNCE THE COMMENCEMENT OF SALE OF 5TH REGULAR CADET COURSE APPLICATION FORMS AT WWW.POLAC.EDU.NG
NIGERIA POLICE ANNOUNCE THE COMMENCEMENT OF SALE OF 5TH REGULAR CADET COURSE APPLICATION FORMS AT WWW.POLAC.EDU.NG
This is to inform the general public that the commencement of sale of application forms for admission for the 5th regular cadet course into the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil, Kano State, have started on Tuesday 7th march, 2017 and will end on Friday 16th June, 2017. Both male and female are allow to apply provided he or she has SSCE result or statement of result, other results like GCE and NECO etc.are accepted, the applicant must not have a crime background or bad character.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE 5TH NIGERIA POLICE ACADEMY ADMISSION
- Go to the Nigeria Police Academy’s Website: www.polac.edu.ngand generate REMITA RETRIEVAL REFERENCE (RRR) Code.
- Go to any commercial bank branch in Nigeria with the RRR code obtained on www.polac.edu.ng and make a payment of 3,000 NAIRA.
- Applicants must, in addition, apply through the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board as well as sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME).
- Applicants don’t need to select the Police Academy as a university of choice in the JAMB form. However, only candidates who obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above which is will be determined by JAMB and also purchased the Nigeria Academy online application form; will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination.
- Applications are to be submitted online. On submission of the applications, candidates are required to download Acknowledgement Form. Candidates who obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above, will be enabled to download and print their examination cards.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THE ADMISSION
- The interested candidates must be Nigerian citizens.
- Must be between the age of 17 and 22 years.
- If female must not be less than 1.62 Meters (5 Feet 4 Inches) in height.
- If male must not be below 1.67 Meters (5 Feet 6 Inches) in height, In addition, male candidates must have an expanded chest size of not less than 86 cm (34 Inches).
- All candidates must be free from any physical deformity or mental disability.
- Candidates must have obtained a minimum of SIX (6) credits at the Senior Secondary School Certificate Examination (SSCE) conducted by the West African Examinations Council (WAEC) at no more than 2 sittings. SSCE STATEMENT OF RESULTS OR CERTIFICATES RELATING TO EXAMINATIONS TAKEN BEFORE 2013 WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- For National Examinations Council (NECO) must have not minimum of SIX (6) credits at not more than 2 sittings.
- Also SIX(6) credits at not more than 2 sittings on the National Business and Technical Examinations Board (NABTEB).
- Any desired result must include a credit pass in English Language and Mathematics as well as subjects relevant to the candidate’s chosen course of study in the Nigeria Academy.
- Applicants must also obtain satisfactory scores in both the written examination and the interview and must pass physical and psychological tests of fitness that will be organized by the Nigeria Police Academy.
AVAILABLE COURSES OF STUDY IN THE NIGERIA POLICE ACADEMY
- FACULTY OF HUMANITIES. BA in:
Nigerian Languages & Linguistics
History & International Studies
- FACULTY OF LAW:
- FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES: BSc in:
- FACULTY OF SCIENCE: BSc in:
SELECTION EXAMINATION DATE, CONDITIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
“The Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil Selection Examination, may be Computer Based Test (CBT) or Pencil and Paper. The examination shall comprise of a General Paper (Section A) which is compulsory for all candidates. It will cover areas such as general knowledge and current affairs, English Language and Mathematics. Other sections are to be selected according candidate’s Faculty of choice. It will be conducted on Saturday the 8th July, 2017. Only candidates who obtained the minimum national cut-off marks or above will be eligible to sit for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Examination at 12 designated Centers. The list of Centers is in the Academy Website. Eligible candidates are to bring along to the examination venue their Acknowledgement Form, Examination Card, JAMB Result Slip and two Postcard size photographs (3.5 x 5 Inches) which should show only from the chest upwards. At the back of each of the two Postcard size photographs, the candidates must write their name, State of origin, examination center and signature.
Only candidates who are successful in the Selection Examination will be invited for the Nigeria Police Academy Selection Board Interview. The list of successful candidates will be published on our website and in some national newspapers.”
NATURE AND DURATION OF COURSE
“Candidates admitted into the Nigeria Police Academy, Wudil degree course will undergo a combined academic and Police training for a minimum period of Five (5) Years leading to Bachelor’s degrees and commission into the Nigeria Police Force as Assistant Superintendent of Police (ASP).”
These Was made known to the public by MOHAMMED GHALI USMAN psc, FCAI
NIGERIA POLICE ACADEMY REGISTRAR.