How I Manually Recovered My Computer from Ransomware Virus,
Ransomware virus is one of the dangerous viruses that can ever hit your computer system; I once had an experience with this virus after an installation of software I downloaded through a malicious website, this virus is so annoying because after it took over my PC I was unable to do anything with the computer.
Firstly let’s look at what Ransomware virus is all about,
Ransomware virus is “a type of malicious software designed to block access to a computer system until a sum of money is paid”
Whenever this virus takes over a computer system it denies the user access into the computer because it is triggered immediately after the computer boots to the desktop environment thereby rendering the computer system useless until a specified amount of money is paid to the attacker or owner of the ransomware virus through a secret means.
This dangerous virus targets computer systems with useful and delicate data or information so that the owners are left with no option than to fulfill the demanded tasks according to the virus, in order to save their data and information. This virus is more like kidnappers in real life; you to pay in order to regain your freedom or refuse and got your life taken.
The ransomware virus victims have the option to format their computer if all the files and documents in the system are not very important to them, but in the case whereby you have delicate and important files on the computer; just follow my procedures below because that’s what worked for me when I was victimized and I believe it will work for you if you are fast enough.
What I did to Recover My Computer System from Ransomware Virus
Like I said earlier, this type of virus is triggered immediately the computer system boots to the desktop environment; that’s to say, they are mostly ‘Startup’ software.
- Shutdown the computer.
- ON the computer again.
- Immediately the computer boots to the desktop environment do not refresh the system.
- Be fast enough to place your mouse on the Taskbar.
- Right-click and select the Task manager.
- Select ‘Startup’ in the task manager environment.
- Disable the enabled software with strange publisher name which is not Microsoft.
- Whenever the ransomware virus take over while in the process; switch off the computer again and power it ON and start the whole process again until all the enabled software without Microsoft as Publisher name are disabled.
- Be observant to know the name of the disabled software that stopped the ransomware from taking over the computer system.
- Then go to the control panel and uninstall the software.
- Go back to the task manager and enable other software that was on enable mode.
NOTE: You have to be very fast in carrying out the above procedures before the ransomware takes over.