Did your new DSTV Explora and Zapper decoders recently developed an installation issue or refusal to scan for stations and other sorts of errors? Don’t worry it is common for most of the new DSTV Explora and Zapper decoders, yours is no different.
In this post I am going to teach you what to do in order to get your DSTV Explora and Zapper decoders functional whenever it is hit by any of this issues, you don’t have to waste your hard-earned money again getting your DSTV decoders fixed by a technician whereas you can simply do that yourself even without any technical experience; just follow the guides below.
How to Fix DSTV Zapper and Explora Decoders Installation and Scanning Errors
- Switch ON the decoder.
- Press and hold the ‘P’ and ‘+’ (P and plus) buttons on the decoder remote controller.
- Switch OFF the decoder while holding both buttons (you can switch the decoder OFF using the OFF switch on the decoder or OFF switch on the wall socket or extension)
- While still holding the ‘P’ and ‘+’ (P and Plus) buttons on the remote controller; switch the decoder ON again.
- Arrays of codes will be shown on the TV screen.
- Immediately; tap ‘P’ and ‘-’ (P and Minus) buttons just once, on the remote controller.
- Immediately; tap ‘P’ and ‘+’ (P and Plus) buttons twice.
- Lastly, tap ‘P’ and ‘-’ (P and Minus) buttons once again.
- Your decoders now fixed.
- Turn the decoder off and turn it back ON and you will notice the problem is solved.
NOTE: These guides imply for both the DSTV Explora and Zapper decoders, also for the installation, scanning problems, and other errors.