UniUyo Pre-Degree 2018/2019 Admission and available departments
The general public is invited for 2018/2019 Uniuyo pre-degree programme, JAMB result is not required in order to be admitted to the program; however the interested candidates must have credit passes in “0” level Mathematics, English Language and any other three subjects depending on the Department applying for, but at no more than two sittings in the “0” level results.
The Uniuyo pre-degree programme period is one year in which the students are intensively trained to prepare them for the university, candidates who partake in this programme always have the higher chances of being admitted into the university because of exposition to the university activities and courses which gives them more experience and knowledge to excel vividly and graduate through the university with a very good results and certificates. However, there are requirements needed for applying for the programme and they are listed below.
Requirements for the University of Uyo Pre-Degree Programme
1. For admission into programmes in the Uniuyo Faculty of Agriculture: Requires Credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Biology or (Agricultural Science), Chemistry and any one of Geography, Physics or Economics at no more than two sittings in SSCE (WAEC/NECO, GCE or NABTEB).
2. For admission into Agricultural Science Education: You must have credit passes in English, Language, Mathematics, Biology (or Agricultural Science), Chemistry and any other subject at no more than two sittings in SSCE (WAEC/NECO, GCE or NABTEB).
3. For admission into Home Economics Education: You must have credit passes in Mathematics, English Language, Chemistry, Biology and any other subject at no more than two sittings in SSCE (WAEC/NECO, GCE or NABTEB).
4. For admission into other Faculties and Departments: You must have credit passes in English Language, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology at not more than two sittings in the SSCE (WAEC/NECO, GCE or NABTEB).
Available Courses for the Uniuyo Pre-Degree Programme
|Faculty of Agriculture||Agricultural Economics and Extension.
Fisheries and Aquatic Environmental Management .
Forestry and Natural Environmental Management.
Food Science and Technology.
Home Economics, Nutrition and Dietetics.
Soil Science and Land Resources Management.
|Faculty of Education||Agricultural & Bioresource Engineering.
Computer Science Education.
Home Economics Education.
Library and Information Science (Science component only).
Pre-Primary/Primary Education (Science component only).
|Faculty of Science||Animal Science and Environmental Biology.
How to Apply for the Uniuyo Pre-Degree Programme
• Click www.uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals
• Choose ‘Admission Forms Link’.
• Choose the ‘e-form(s) ‘.
• Now Choose ‘Pre-Degree’ as the Admission Form Type.
• Click the ‘Submit form:
• Fill in your correct details.
• Click on the ‘Pay Now’.
• Proceed to make the payments as instructed on the site.
• After the payments at bank or online go back to the university portal www.uniuyo.edu.ng/eportals and click on the ‘Register’ Link to complete your registration.
Vital Information and Advice
• The registration will close on Saturday, June 30th, 2018.
• The screening exams commence from Monday, July 2nd to Friday, July 6th, 2018.
• The venue for the exams is PTDF Resource Centre, Town Campus Annex, Uyo in Akwa-Ibom state.
• Time for the exams is 7:00 am.
• Be sure your photo passport is kept safe after the online registration because the same passport will be used during the screening exams and also for registration after you have been admitted.
• Make sure your details are accurate before uploading them because you will be disqualified if your details are uploaded wrongly.
Materials to Come With on the Exam Day
1. One passport photo with red background (the same passport used for the online registration), with your name and signature written on the back/rear of the passport and “packaged in quarto- size envelope and labeled with the candidate’s name and the department”.
2. HB pencil, eraser, and sharpener.
3. The online registration printout showing your passport.
Materials Forbidden in the Exams Hall
1. Mobile phones.
3. Four-figure tables.
Good Luck as You Proceed to The Uniuyo Pre-degree