Shell LiveWire is a programme organized and sponsored by the Shell Petroleum Development Company of Nigeria Limited (SPDC) to enhance opportunities for young people especially those from the Niger Delta region to achieve their potential through the creation and development of their own businesses.
The Shell LiveWire Programme is targeted for young people of 18-35 years of age to acquire training and support from the Shell Petroleum Development Company to start up their individual businesses in these states; Abia, Akwa-Ibom, Bayelsa, Delta, Edo, Imo, and Rivers.
Shell LiveWIRE Programme Objectives.
- To create business awareness for final year university students and encourage them to see a business startup as a proper career option.
- To help young Nigerians to discover and develop business ‘ideas’ through Bright Ideas Workshops.
- To provide a volunteer mentoring programme for the young Nigerians who participated in the training course and want to start their individual businesses. Mentors can be professionals from oil & Gas sectors, banking, and social voluntary sectors, etc.
- To support young Nigerians that want to partake in “start a business, business planning and management guidelines and skills through the Become A Successful Owner Manager Course (BSOM). “
- To organize awards for best business plans, of which the price unlock access to micro-credit facilities, through third parties such as NGOs, banks, and allied financial institutions.
- Print and dispense information on youth enterprise at the LiveWIRE Resource Centres.
- To give awards to young Nigerians who have sustained a business for 2 to 3 years on an annual basis.
How to Apply for the Shell LiveWire Programme
- Click here to visit the Shell LiveWire Programme application portal.
- Fill the Online Application form with accurate required details.
- Click ‘Submit’.
Required Documents from Shortlisted and Successful Applicants During Interview.
- Candidate’s Birth Certificate or Affidavit of Age Declaration.
- Copies of Educational Qualifications.
- Letter from either Paramount Ruler, CDB Chairman, CDC Chairman or CT Chairman.
- Two passports photographs (if unable to upload through the application portal).
- Local Government Identification Letter.