Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) Latest Job Vacancy
Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC) invites applications from the suitable and qualified applicants to fill the position of Occupational Health Physician in the company at Rivers state, Nigeria.
Functions of the Occupational Health Physician in Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC)
- The position holder will be responsible for Implementing the Health, Safety, Security, Environment & Social Performance (HSSE & SP) control Framework manuals for Shell Petroleum Development Company (SPDC).
- Position Holder will be responsible for Supervising Assessment support staff, Environmental Health Officers, Health Impact, Occupational Health Nurse Coordinator and Occupational Hygienist works.
- The position holder will be responsible for coordinating the Shell Health Wellness program – Human Performance and Care, an Expert resource on Occupational Health issues which includes health promotion.
- “Position Holder will be responsible in Performance Monitoring and Reporting Health data to Line HSE Systems and focal points with support to incident classification – Total Recordable Occupational Illness Frequency (TROIF), FACs, Health Safety and Environment Dashboard health items, etc.”
- Responsible for providing a competent resource for incidents or accidents reporting or investigations.
- This position holder will be participating in the HSSE audits.
- Responsible for Occupational Health support to Asset and Project teams.
- Responsible for Medical Emergency Response planning and full implementation.
- Accountable for carrying out “Medical evaluation of Fitness-To-Work and applicable Health Surveillance activities for staff, contractors and selected third parties where indicated and manage Shell Global Health Information system – oneHealthIT.”
- Will be responsible for the coordinate implementation of Occupational Health Management System (OHMS).
- “Corporate focal point for the implementation of Human Factors Engineering.”
- “Focal person for implementation of alcohol and drugs policy/programme covering all work locations including contractors.”
- Applicants must be Bachelor of Medicine (MBBS/ MBBCh) holders.
Physicians who possess postgraduate professional certification in Occupational Health with a minimum of three (3) years post qualification experience in the practice of Occupational Medicine.
- Applicants must be experienced in Managerial/supervisory with a clear business focus.
- Applicants must be experienced in Leadership & Coaching.
- Must be experienced in Change management.
- Applicants must be experienced in Cost-aware / budget management.
- Applicants must have Excellent communication and Interpersonal Skills.
- Candidates must have the ability to work in a multicultural environment of which diverse population would be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess NYSC discharge/exemption certification.
- Click here to visit Shell Petroleum Development application portal.
- Click on the “Apply to job” button.
Application closes on 26th July 2018.