African Centre for Cities | ACC Pan African Research College Ph.D. scholarship
The African Centre for Cities, ACC is inviting applications from the suitable and qualified candidates for the full-time scholarship on Ph.D. and Doctorate degree programmes at the 5 partner universities that comprise the Pan African Research College.
All Funding and supervisory support will be provided by the African Centre for Cities, ACC, to the successful candidate over a period of 3 years, depending on satisfactory progress.
The sum of R200,000 bursary fee will be dispensed to each of the selected candidates on a yearly basis.
Requirements for the African Centre for Cities, ACC Scholarship
- Applicant must possess a Master’s degree certification in Geography, Urban Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, or other related disciplines.
- Applicant must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Candidates must be proficiency in MS Office software.
- Applicant must possess good quantitative and qualitative and research skills.
- Must present evidence of academic writing ability.
- Applicant must be aware of actors, opportunities, and challenges related to urban sustainability approaches.
- Applicant must be Interested in interdisciplinarity and broad engagement with various sectors to collaborate knowledge.
- Candidates must be good with the use of social media platforms.
- Applicant must possess good planning, organizing, and good time-management skills.
- Applicant must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicants are required to make a short written piece of their initial perspective on potential Ph.D. topic on the topic of “Urban Sprawl and Land-use Dynamics in Cape Town” (Maximum of 800 words).
- Application which includes a CV with names and contact details of 2 referees should be submitted to Maryam Waglay, African Centre for Cities through email firstname.lastname@example.org or can be submitted via posting/delivering to Maryam Waglay, African Centre for Cities, Room 2.11, Environmental and Geographical Sciences Building, University of Cape Town, Private Bag X3, Rondebosch, Cape Town, South Africa 7701.
- Indicate the application as “ACC Pan African Research College Ph.D. Scholarship”.
- Application Closing Date is midday, 6th August 2018.
- Be sure your application is indicated as/titled “ACC Pan African Research College Ph.D. Scholarship” before submission.
- Selection of qualified candidates will be determined by the African Centre for Cities, ACC, and the committee of researchers from the 5 partner universities.