The African Centre for Cities, ACC is inviting applications from the suitable and qualified candidates for the full-time scholarship on Ph.D. and Doctorate degree programmes at the 5 partner universities that comprise the Pan African Research College.
All Funding and supervisory support will be provided by the African Centre for Cities, ACC, to the successful candidate over a period of 3 years, depending on satisfactory progress.
The sum of R200,000 bursary fee will be dispensed to each of the selected candidates on yearly basis.
Requirements for the African Centre for Cities, ACC Scholarship
- Applicant must possess a Master’s degree certification in Geography, Urban Studies, Sociology, Anthropology, or other related disciplines.
- Applicant must possess excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Applicant must be proficiency in MS Office software.
- Applicant must possess good quantitative and qualitative and research skills.
- Applicant must present an evidence of academic writing ability.
- Applicant must be aware of actors, opportunities, and challenges related to urban sustainability approaches.
- Applicant must be Interested in interdisciplinarity and broad engagement with various sectors to collaborate knowledge.
- Applicant must be good with the use of social media platforms.
- Applicant must possess good planning, organizing, and good time-management skills.
- Applicant must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
- Applicants are required to make a short written piece of their initial perspective on potential Ph.D. topic on the topic of “Urban Sprawl and Land-use Dynamics in Cape Town” (Maximum of 800 words).
- Application which includes a CV with names and contact details of 2 referees should be submitted to Maryam Waglay, African Centre for Cities through email email@example.com or can be submitted via posting/delivering to Maryam Waglay, African Centre for Cities, Room 2.11, Environmental and Geographical Sciences Building, University of Cape Town, Private Bag X3, Rondebosch, Cape Town, South Africa 7701.
- Indicate the application as “ACC Pan African Research College Ph.D. Scholarship”.
- Application Closing Date is midday, 6th August 2018.
- Be sure your application is indicated as/titled “ACC Pan African Research College Ph.D. Scholarship” before submission.
- Selection of qualified candidates will be determined by the African Centre for Cities, ACC, and the committee of researchers from the 5 partner universities.