WTS Energy invites for applications from suitable and qualified candidates for the position of Well site Drilling Engineer in the company.
Type of Employment: Contract
Job Number: 25921
Expiration Date: Unspecified
Responsibilities of the Well site Drilling Engineer at WTS Energy
- The engineer will be performing engineering calculations and software simulation, as well as hydraulics, cementing, BHA, torque and drag, daily pre-kick and well control sheet, surge and swab, LOT/FIT etc.
- Lending assistance to the Drilling Supervisors (DSVs) to execute the approved drilling and completion programs on the rig.
- Will assist shore base logistics and vessel operations to appropriately load and offload required equipment and materials.
- The position holder supervises all the contractors, which include the rig, vessels, catering, etc.
- Crew change management.
- The individual will be responsible for maintaining the list to track daily cost estimates, service company rental equipment and consumable.
- The person will be reviewing service company field tickets and advise DSVs of any Inconsistency.
- The engineer prepares daily drilling reports (DDR) and distribution after DSV’s review and approval.
- Following up and quality checking of service companies daily reports such as directional drilling, mud engineering, mud logging, etc.
- Supporting the DSVs in preparation, checking and execution of all critical operations such as cementing, casing and completions running, etc.
- Assisting in preparation of End of Well and Project reports.
- He/She monitors the operations performance and cost (plan versus actual) analyzing NPT (non-productive time), time-depth curve, project AFE variance analysis, and KPIs.
- Following up operations in order to ensure appropriate mobilization and demobilization of personnel, equipment, and services to optimize cost.
- Will be responsible for ensuring that Company’s HSE policies are strictly stuck to and followed.
- Carrying out all duties outlined by DSVs in assisting the on-going operations
Requirements and Qualifications
- Applicant must possess a Bachelor’s degree certification in Petroleum engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree certification in other Engineering Disciplines such as Mechanical engineering, Chemical engineering, etc. may be considered.
- Candidates must have at least 5 Years Experience in the oil and gas industry with a minimum of 2 years as a Wellsite Drilling Engineer with relevant experience.
- Applicant must have experience with Drilling and Workover rigs for all types of well construction activities.
- Should have recent offshore experience (Jack-Up and /or deep-water rig is preferred).
- A candidate who have experience with international oil companies has an added advantage.
- Must possess Offshore survival and HUET (BOSIET) certification.
Should be experienced in using leading well engineering software as it’s important.
- Well, control certification is required.
– Click here
– Fill the online application form and submit.