Are you willing to further your education in Europe but still struggling for the finance? Application for PTDF Scholarship Scheme 2018/2019 phase is currently ongoing for Postgraduate Studies.
The scholarship scheme is based on specific MSc and PhD programmes which will be undertaken in the selected Institutions in United Kingdom.
The PTDF Scholarship Scheme is sponsored by the Petroleum Technology Development Fund and was organized to expose the qualified and successful candidates to the diversified facilities and pools of knowledge offered by the UK world class Institutions listed below.
Approved UK Institutions For The 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship Scheme For Postgraduates.
- Robert Gordon University.
- Heriot Watt University.
- Dundee University.
- Newcastle University.
- University of Manchester.
- University of Salford.
- University of Birmingham.
- University of Port south.
- University of Southampton.
- Cranfield University.
- University of Liverpool.
- Imperial College London.
- King’s College London.
- University College London.
- University of Nottingham.
- University of Glasgow.
To see all available PTDF Scholarship Scheme Courses for all the approved UK Institutions click here.
The scholarship attracts other arrays of benefits to the successful candidates such as allowances for accommodation and living expenses, free health insurance, free flight tickets to destinations of the institution in United Kingdom.
However, candidates are selected by a certain criterion, requirements and qualifications which are listed below
The Criterias, Qualifications and Requirements For The 2018/2019 PTDF Scholarship Scheme
- Applicant must possess a First Degree certification with at least Second Class Upper (2.1) qualification or a Second Class Lower (2.2) with relevant industry experience.
- He/She must have a National Youth Service (NYSC) discharge certificate.
- Must be computer literate.
- Five (5) O/level credits including English Language is a must.
- Applicant must have a National Youth Service (NYSC) discharge certificate.
- Must be computer literate.
- He/She must have a minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) in his/her first degree.
- Should have a good second degree certificate.
- Relevant publications to be referenced by applicant.
- Applicant must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, introduction, objective, methodology and mode of data collection.
- Candidates must include their masters degree project.
- Academic merit as evidenced by quality of degrees.
- Full academic transcripts.
Other professional qualifications obtained.
- Membership of professional bodies.
The viability of the study/research plan.
- Applicant must submit a statement of purpose with maximum of 500 words stating the reason(s) s/he want to undertake the study, the relevance of the proposed study to the industry and its expected impact on development of the country.
Below Documents must be scanned and attached to the online application form.
- First Degree Certificate/ Statement of Result
- NYSC discharge certificate.
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO results and WAEC PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF review the O’level results.
- Recent Passport Photograph.
- Local Government Identification Letter.
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only)
- Evidence of membership of professional associations.
– Visit PTDF application – > website
– Follow the on-site steps and complete your application.