How To Rescan Your TV To View ThisTV Boston & New Digital Channels
ThisTV Boston is a free premium channel based in Boston Massachusetts, United States, ThisTV airs award-winning films, Hollywood Stars, Retro Series and lot more.
In this post, I am going to show you how to rescan or auto-scan your TV to receive ThisTV Boston and other Digital Channels.
How to Rescan Your TV To Receive ThisTV Boston and Other Digital Channels
You can either rescan or double rescan to receive the Channels.
After connecting a converter box to your TV set, or installing a new digital television, you may have to scan (also known as “auto-tune”) manually by selecting ‘Scan’ in order to receive all of the digital stations broadcasting in your area of which ThisTV is included. Some boxes do the scanning automatically.
You may need to scan your box periodically as new digital stations are still coming on air.
Double Rescan is used when experiencing a problem on receiving some channels in a digital box, to perform a double rescan you will have to;
- Remove the coaxial cable that is connected from the antenna to the converter box.
- After removing it, proceed to the converter box menu and scan for channels by selecting “auto-tuning”, “auto scan” or “EZ scan”.
- Once the scan without the antenna is complete, turn off the converter box and then unplug the box power cable from the power supply for a minute or two to allow the box to perform a “reboot” and clear all the cached channels from the system’s memory.
- After a minute or two reconnect the coaxial cable which is connected to the antenna back into the converter box input port.
- Finally, switch ON the converter box and SELECT menu from the Remote controller, choose scan.
After the scanning must have completed, new/more digital channels will be added if there is any.