Convert DSTV Decoders to Universal Receiver to Watch Any FTA Channels
DSTV decoders are high definition satellite TV receivers which are customized by the DSTV company to receive its channels only, thereby making the customers throw the DSTV decoder aside whenever they don’t have enough cash to subscribe for the expensive DSTV packages.
Moreover, DSTV only offers a free view of about 3 uninteresting channels after the expiration of its subscription but worry no more because today I am going to teach you how to utilize that DSTV decoders that you kept behind many years ago because of inability to buy DSTV packages; you will be able to track any free to air channel with your DSTV decoders after reading this post.
One of the greatest advantages of DSTV decoders is that almost all the devices are HD enabled which means you will enjoy more clarified pictures and sounds from the free to air channels on the decoders. Let’s not waste our time on explanations, follow every bit of below guides and enjoy.
- Join Jamalife Helpers Global Limited with Just 2000 Naira And Earn Hugely
- How to Fix Google De-indexed WebPages and Disappeared Posts
- Kwese tv Latest Frequency, Channels, Subscription Plans, Sharing Prices
- How To Subscribe GoTV Easily With Your ATM Card
How to Track Any Free to Air Channels On DSTV Decoders
- Remove the ‘LNB in’ cable at the back of the DSTV decoder.
- Switch ON the decoder and ignore the message on the TV screen telling you ‘there is no signal’.
- Press the DSTV/MENU/Blue button on the decoder’s remote controller.
- While on the menu, go to ‘SETTINGS’.
- Select ‘SATELLITE SETTING’.
- Choose ‘ADDITIONAL NETWORKS’.
- Select ‘NETWORK 1’.
- Change ‘Enable Network’ to ‘YES’.
- Now you will notice that other information in the network 1 window is editable.
- Go to the frequency and input the free to air satellite TV frequency you want to track.
- Go to symbol rate and input the symbol rate digits.
- Change the polarization to that of the satellite you want to track.
- Go to the satellite dish and track for the signal.
- After you must have received the signal; select ‘SCAN THIS’.
- Wait for the scanning to complete.
- Upon the completion of the scanning; press ‘221’ on the remote controller.
- Press and go to the channel ‘GRID’ and you will see the free to air channels added to the list.
- Select the channel you want to watch and enjoy.
You can use DiSEqC with DSTV decoder if you want to connect more than 1 satellite dish, but you must input the satellite you want to watch in Disecq 1 or A.